Thursday, August 7, 2008

1000 Things to Be Thankful For…

Langhaven has been blogging praise for some time now, so I thought we'd follow suit.
  1. Thank you, Lord, for unconditional love.

I’m having some trouble putting this into words, but last week I was thinking about some problem areas in certain relationships, and it suddenly hit me that all of those problem areas stemmed from an expectation that I had for that person. I would love him/her when he fixed X and X problems in his life or stopped doing X and X, which annoyed me.

And then I remembered that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. I remembered that even the Pharisees loved those who met their criteria first. It’s because we love unconditionally that we’re different from the world. The world will only recognize us as Christians by our love if our love is different from their love.

. . . and now abide faith, hope, love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13

And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? Do not even the Gentiles the same? Matthew 5:47

“Love is an act of the will, accompanied by emotion, which leads to action on behalf of its object.” –Voddie Baucham on biblical love

“By this all men will know that you are My disciples: if you have love for one another.” John 13:35

And finally, this from Ravi Zacharias:

“Without the undergirding of love, the possessor of any conviction becomes obnoxious, and the dogma believed becomes repulsive to the one who disagrees with it. . . . Our Lord Himself proclaimed truth in exclusive terms, but He demonstrated that truth by the embodiment of a perfect love. Love and patience are the necessary handmaidens [of truth.]” Deliver Us From Evil

-'Chelle