Sunday, October 12, 2008

Italy, part 1




Buonjorno!
Here are some belated pictures of our trip to Italy. First stop: Rimini, a trashy beach town on the Adriatic Sea. Believe it or not, during the summer the population jumps from 100,000 to 1,000,000; apparently, it is the beach spot for Italians cool off during the brutally hot weather.

This bridge--amazingly enough, was built by the Emperor Augusutus in 21 A.D. It is still in use.

These are fishing boats which catch some kind of mussels...unfortunately, fishermen don't speak much English, so we don't know exactly what kind of mussels. At least we got to see them.


Our location on a teeny-tiny map of Italy.

This sign, obviously warning drivers to not drive into the water, amused me. I do not read Italian, which turned out to be slightly problematic. But--I got the point.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely pics! Love that last one especially. "No joke! Well, I was going to try it just to see if I could..." :P