Monday, October 6, 2008

Sobering Thoughts.

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end..."
Hebrews 3:12-14
This verse scared the snot --and the self righteousness-- out of me; and reminded me again that I live on time borrowed from the God who died in my place, and covered me with His Righteousness. What right do I have to seek my own agenda? What right do I have to do anything outside glorifying Him with every breath?
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:16
~Kirsten

2 comments:

Michelle said...

amen. who am i if not one redeemed??

Thea said...

Amen to that, Te! And thanks for posting this--it's really a timely reminder...