Monday, March 23, 2009

I've Been Dubbed...

..."My Shell"--yet another variation on my name. This particular one has something to do with a spunky New Zealander affectionately known as Sparkplug and a dream about a turtle--a turtle named "Michelle" or "My Shell" or something like that.

Other names from my past/things I've been called:

"Chelle"--obvious enough, I suppose
"Chel"--which I recently found out is also the Romanian word for "bald"...
"Cheeeaaarrr"--kinda hard to write out. The little kid version of "Chelle"
"Mikey"--let's not go there
"Michael"--I was less than inclined to respond to that one
"Mich"--it'll do in a pinch
"Mich the _ _ _ _ _" -- :) If you can fill in the blanks, you are very likely one of those who committed this heinous crime. I've forgiven you, by the way.
"Melissa"--my violin teacher knew my name wasn't Melissa, but she couldn't remember what it was....
"Little Miss Piggy"--those were the days! This was the battlecry of my older siblings (not to implicate anyone) as we raced to see who could answer the phone first. Now we have quite the opposite problem. :)
"Michellita"--no matter what country I seem to be in, the diminutive form of my name always becomes Michellita

Last, but not least, I've become one of a group of three to four girls (depending on the day) who are apparently quite interchangeable. I'm learning to respond to "Li-Marce-Lumi-Michelle!" or any other combination thereof. :)

No comments: