Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm here...wherever that is.




I made it as far as Pennsylvania, by the grace of God. It began well...except for two minor details. A miscalculation on my part had left Thea stranded at work with no car.







No big deal.



Mom, dad, and I planned to drop her a car when we drove through on our way to the airport at four-thirty o'clock in the morning. It was a quarter till five when we finally left, Mom and I in Thea's car and dad following with the luggage.






My glasses were packed and my contacts malfunctioning, so I was riding blind, guessing at what we might be passing. We bumped along past the Stettin elementary school, but my eyes were fixed on two strange lights in the ditch. Decorations? Or signals?





When he pulled out and turned on the blue and red flashy lights, I realized what they were. Oops. It was a school zone, and Mr. Cop was hungry and bored.


Yeah, well, he was a very nice cop. When Mom told him that she was just trying to get her daughter to the airport on time, he waived the warning and let us continue on our way.



That was the first incident.


The second one I didn't actually see, but apparently my dad somehow got stuck in a revolving door at the Dallas-FortWorth airport.















1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wow, sounds like it has been an adventure already! lol.

PFY